• Brush before dinner. You might be going out straight after work, without stopping to brush. But if you haven’t brushed since after breakfast, taking the two minutes to freshen up is going to make a big difference.
• You probably know to avoid onions and garlic during your meal, but it also helps to stay away from acidic foods, spices that linger on the tongue and things that stick in your teeth.
• Apples, celery and carrots can help clean your teeth. Munch on any of these toward the end of your meal.
• Herbs are a great cleanser, so consider tea as an after-dinner drink instead of coffee, which can cause bad breath.
• Sip water throughout your meal and afterward to keep rinsing food and bacteria away.
• While you may be tempted to pop breath mints, the sugar in them can do more harm than good. If you cannot discretely chew sugarless gum without grossing out your date, be sure your mints are sugar-free.
No date lined up? Chew on this: 32% of Americans cite bad breath as the least attractive trait of their co-workers. So you can still consider these tips next time you’re leaning over a co-worker’s shoulder.
Moore Smiles Today is a customer oriented, patient-first driven dentist in NC. We specialize in cosmetic dentistry in Raleigh, NC, Garner, NC and Clayton, NC. Contact us today for more information on Cosmetic Dentistry.