When you are missing teeth, it impacts much more than the appearance of your smile. If you don't replace your missing teeth in a timely manner, it can lead to serious oral health issues down the road including jawbone deterioration, additional tooth loss, and bite alignment issues. At Moore Family Dentistry, we recommend dental implants as the preferred tooth replacement option for all patients who are suitable candidates.
While dental implants are the most effective and long lasting tooth replacement option available, they are not right for everyone. The best way to determine if you are a good dental implant candidate is to speak with Dr. Adam Moore in person. Please call (919) 772-1811 today to schedule your appointment at our Garner implant dentistry office.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are tiny titanium screws that get inserted into your jawbone. Once fully healed, the implant fuses to your jaw and serves as a fully functional replacement tooth root. A titanium post, called an abutment, will then be attached to the dental implant. Dr. Moore will then place a dental crown on the abutment to serve as your new prosthetic tooth.
Dr. Moore can use dental implants to replace a single missing tooth, or he can place several implants to replace multiple teeth. If you need to replace an entire arch of teeth, Dr. Moore may recommend implant-supported dentures as an ideal solution.
Benefits of dental Implants
Dental implants are by far the most effective tooth replacement solution. Advantages offered by dental implants include:
- Permanent -- Dental implants are the only option that replaces both your tooth and root. Your implant will fuse with your jawbone, ensuring that it will be a permanent restoration that functions just like a natural tooth.
- Improved eating ability -- Poorly fitting dentures can slip, making it difficult to chew. Dental implants are meant to withstand normal bite forces so that you can eat all of your favorite foods without concern.
- Improved speaking ability -- Slipping dentures or missing teeth often result in difficulty pronouncing words. Dental implants eliminate this problem and the embarrassment associated with it.
- Improved appearance -- Your dental implant will look and feel just like your natural tooth, blending in seamlessly with your smile.
- Improved oral health -- There is no need to alter neighboring teeth to support your dental implant as is the case with alternatives such as dental bridges. This will improve your long term oral health. In addition, dental implants prevent additional bone loss, reducing the risk of future tooth loss.
- Improved comfort -- Dental implants fuse with your jaw, eliminating the discomfort associated with alternative tooth replacement options.
- Convenient -- It is much easier to care for dental implants than alternatives such as dentures and bridges.
- Durability -- If you care for your dental implants properly, they should last your entire life. Studies show that after ten years, 98% of implants are still optimally functioning.
Experienced Garner Implant Dentist
Garner implant dentist Dr. Moore has extensive experience performing dental implant procedures. He performs both the implant and restoration, allowing you to have your entire procedure completed in one convenient location. If you need a bone graft to support the implant, Dr. Moore can perform this procedure as well.
Dr. Moore has undergone extensive post-graduate training in implant dentistry. He is a fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI), the world's largest provider of continuing dental implant education. He has also completed approximately 190 hours of dental implant training at the Triangle Dental Institute.
In addition to his practice in Garner, Dr. Moore also has an office in Raleigh which contains a CT scanner. As a result, the vast majority of the dental implants he places are CT-guided to ensure extremely precise results.
If you are missing one or more teeth, please contact Moore Family Dentistry today to schedule your implant dentistry consultation. Dr. Adam Moore serves patients in Garner and Cary, North Carolina.